Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Shout Out to Universal Cycles

Universal Cycles in Portland Oregon rocks!

I never give shout outs to companies. Why? Because most business' suck. Bottom line, they leave me feeling void of emotion and I dread returning. Manufacturing or distributing a great product is nice but customer service is everything in my book. Granted, I do purchase goods from some incredibly abrasive souls sometimes and will keep going back to them, and that is because they pull through every time and offer a skill set that is a form of excellent customer service in its own right.

When I first walked into Universal Cycles I was blown away by how respectful, skilled, and excited they were to be selling cool ass shit. Who wouldn't be? It reminded me of the rad bike shop I was lucky enough to work in for several years when I was a teenager. That shop was full of amazing folks who loved getting on two wheels, shredding, and spreading the good word. Another huge plus, Universal isn't full of the classic Portland bike hipsters who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to bikes. They sure do know how to keep their pompadour from flopping in the wind while riding their grip-less, helmet-less fixie though.

Universal Cycles has gone above and beyond from the start. From helping me dial my bike in for the journey I'm starting tomorrow, to breaking my bike down and shipping it to Minneapolis, to dealing with warranty problems fast and professionally. They also took the time to teach me a few new roadside fix-it quick tips. I was even able to plan my trip, ask questions, and have overall good conversations via e-mail, crazy!

This is why I feel the need to give a shout out their way. All around, a solid team.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages