Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Quick Night Amongst Mt. Hood's Winter


I decided to head out on the skis to enjoy Mt. Hood's solitary peace for the night. It ended up being a fantastic night out. I've had this lightweight bivy bag for some time and it's only been used when the weather has been ideal. This was a good opportunity to try it in the winter and see how it performs. Weather conditions were stable, cold, with an accumulation of about 2 inches. Perfectly peaceful really. 

I brought along some camera gear and a tripod hoping to capture beautiful light on Hood's Southeast face. Unfortunately, the light conditions I was hoping for didn't happen, although the precipitation and lower than expected visibility proved calming and wonderful. 

Guess I'll have to make another journey up there in search of the winter light I'm hoping for.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages